Want to make money blogging? If yes, use these 16 step-by-step blueprint to succeed. Sure, blogging is one of the simplest ways to make money online.
Blogging is an art, culture and business.It is simply the practice of using content which can take the form of text, images and sound to convey a message to an audience.
Blogging hit mainstream in 2003 when Google acquired blogger.com to allow anyone keep an online diary.
Today there are over a million blogs in the world and the number keeps increasing everyday. You can blog about virtually anything from medicine to sports, science, music etc.
What To Expect From This article
This article has so much information about how you can learn about making money through blogging. In this article I will take you through the entire spectrum of blogging from the basics to the fundamentals.
There are so many articles out there about making money from blogging, but the unfortunate thing is that most of these articles are written by people who haven’t made a dine from blogging.
1. Ways To Make Your Blog Profitable
Many people set up blogs for several reasons. Some set up blog as their online diary, as a pet project or just a pastime. But if your intention is to make money from your blog you need to pay attention to theses.
- You need to create high quality content
- You need to blog consistently
- You need to take you need to take your readers very serious by communicating wih them via the comment.
- You need to interlink your blog post
- You need to link to high authority sites
- You need to carry out on page seo for your content
- You need to use a good mix of images and videos where necessary
- You need to use sticky topic headline
- You need to grow your email list
- You need to guest post on authority sites
General Blogging Topics
According to study over the years I have come to see that blogs focusing on these three aspect tend to do well than other topics. This is because these topics relate to our basic needs which need to be met but this is not to say other topics do not do well as well.
- Sex and relationship
- Health and wellness
- Money making
2. What Do You Plan To Write on Your Blog?
Before you start writing it is advisable to sit down and think about what you really want to write about. Note that for every topic you intend to write about there are a thousand topics written on them on the internet.
The more reason planning your content is very important to the success of your blog.
Think about these, is a better to rush and write a scanty post in 30 and read by just over 100 people or research a topic for several hours and it is read for years.
Don’t Be a Copycat
If you are trying to write about what has been written before, try and find a good angle to it.
The no rule of blogging, never never copy and paste on your blog, doing that will rank you very low in Google ranking.
3. Picking a Domain Name [yourdomain.com]
Try and come up with a unique name for your blog, chances are that someone would have taken it up. You can use several domain company like DomainKing.NG to buy your domain which can cost anything between $10 to $30 per year.
4. Picking a High Quality Theme
Getting a good theme should be a problem. There are thousands of theme both free and paid you can use on your blog. Here are some good free themes for your blog; you can try researching some other one that fits your style.
5. Setting Up Your WordPress Blog
Your blog has been registered, but you need to fix one thing or the order. Here are some things you should do on your blog:
Update the title and tagline of your blog: instead of having your tagline read like mywordpressblog.com you can change it to: get all information about setting up a blog here.
- Pick a theme you love: This has been discussed above
- Add a header or background: You can customize your blog by adding a header or background
- Add a blog icon: This icon gives you an identity on the internet so instead of wordpress icon showing your blog icon appears.
- Add a widget: This are adds-on that makes your blog function better
6. Must Have Plugins For WordPress Blog
Here are some plugins you can’t do without on your blog.
- Akismet: it is a used to protect your blog from spam
- Social share button
- W3 Total cache: This pluggin helps to speed up your loading time bystoring all releveant content and bringing it up as static page when requested.
- Contact form 7: For creating simple contact form on your blog
- Yoast SEO: For improve you site search engine ranking
- Google XML Sitemaps: For creating detailed sitemap of your sit which is necessary for search ramking.
- Backupwordpress: For backing up your wordpress site regularly
- Broken link checker: Broken links on your site can slow your site speed, this is a tool for checking any broken link on your site.
- WordPress touch: For making your wordpress site open easily on multiple platforms.
7. Securing Your Blog From Hackers
With the increasing rate of cyber-crime, hacking of blogs have become popular. Here are some ways to prevent this on your blog;
- Always back up your wordpress site using plugins like wordpress back-up
- Always update your wordpress site regularly.
- Change your wordpres login from ‘Admin’ to something unique and use a strong password.
- Install a WP Security scan.
- Block search engine spiders from indexing your admin page.
8. Making Some Small Cash To Start Out
In the early days of your blogging you might need to spend some money promoting your blog on Facebook and Twitter.
You might want to buy some great adds-on that will be useful for your blog. All in all spending that little cash on your blog will definitely go a long way.
Organization & Mindset
It is very easy to want to do some many things at the initial stage, but creating a blogging schedule will go a long way in making sure you stay organized. One good tool to use for managing your schedule is Trello; Trello is a software that helps you stay organized.
Writing Your First Blog Post
At this point, it is time to shoot your first blog post. Remember it doesn’t have to be perfect, just write something great and press the publish button.
The saying ‘no pain no gain’ would be your motivation in the world of blogging. You will need to do a lot of sacrifices for your blog to become successful. This will involve you working for straight 10 hours sometimes, denying yourself of sleep. This can be very difficult as it strain your relationship with your loved ones. Don’t be discouraged, these are some of the things that will make you smile at the end.
10. Staying Focused & Creating The Mindset of a Winner
It is very easy to become distracted when blogging, but you will need laser focus to really get things done. Self-discipline is very important here as it will help you in shutting off some unnecessary things getting in your way.
Pick up a Positive Book
There are so many motivational books out there that can inspire you along the way. Form the habit of reading about successful blogger that have gone to create a six figure business from their blogs, this will push you to try harder.
11. Building Out The Core Structure Of Your Blog
On your blog there are some pages you just can’t do without if you want to look professional and attract clients to you. These pages are
- About page
- Resource page
About us page
This the page where you give a very detailed information on what you do. Talk about the history, how you started, your mission, vision, goals and other experiences. This is one of the most important pages on your blog.
The resource page is very important for showing some tool you personally recommends to users which you have tried out yourself. This could include list of hosting companies you recommend, themes, analytics, sofwares etc
12. Traffic generation tips
Generating traffic for your blog is not easy. But with consistency on your approach you can begin to see small improvement daily. Here are some tips to help you with traffic generation:
- Post your content on your social media handles forums
- Optimize your content for the search engines using softwares like yoast
- Network with other bloggers within your niche
- Follow and connect with influencers
- Submit your content to content discovery site like klout, feedly, buffer, swayy
13. Learning SEO
SEO is very important to the growth of any website. There are tons of articles online to guide you through the process of optimizing your website. In this article I will guide you through the process of optimizing your articles for the search engines.
- Ensure your keyword appears on the following parts of your content;
- On the title page
- In the first paragraph
- On the meta-description
- On a sub-heading
- Your keyword should appear as many times as possible but should not lead to keyword stuffing
- Your keyword should be underlined, italized or bolded.
- Your title should be less than 70 but could be more
- The meta-description should fit into 120 words for it to be shown completely on search pages
- Your writings should be easy to read
- Try to link to authority websites on your article
- Ensure there are no broken links on your article
- Submit your website to the search engines Google, bling, yahoo
- Your article title should be in H1 tag
- Optimize your images by naming the image as your keyword
14. Guest Blogging
Guest blogging is very important to the success of any blog. As a blogger your should try to guest post on high authority blog to grow your audience. Many bloggers use guest posting to grow their email list and reach more readers. It is also essential that you get accustomed to writing guest blogging pitches before reaching out to any editor.
When sending out your pitches introduce yourself quickly, give a brief description of the article you intend to write, the sources and why you think it will be a fit for the publication.
15. Email marketing
Email marketing is the art of growing subscribers to your blog. It is said that an email subscriber is more valuable than any following on social media. As a blogger you must work very hard to grow your subscribers list. Some important email marketing software include
- Constant constant
- Get response
After successfully setting up your email, you will need to create a sign-up form which you can paste on your blog, newsletter an social media handles.
16. Create your Ebook
Every blogger should create a form of ebook for their readers. This ebooks can be used as a call to action for attracting new subscribers. You can also sell your ebook to your readers and make a lot of money. Ensure you carry out very good research before putting any ebook to users.
I hope you have gained one or two things from this article about how to make money from blogging. if you are still confused about some aspects of this article do send me a mail or leave a comment below.
Create your website from just N299/Month with DomainKing.NG.
P.S: Want me to help you personally? If yes, you can buy my helpful eBooks or Hire me now!
Do you need original SEO ready articles for your blog or website? If yes, hire Ifiokobong on Fiverr. Expect simply the best from me.