Do you know that you make money online if you can create, manage and monetize a Job Blog? Yes, it’s true because of large numbers of job seekers in the world.
Come to think of it…
It’s a bad news to hear that over 60% of Nigerian and job seekers…
But it’s a good news for smart job seekers who can make a living from lack of jobs.
It sound weird right? Sure!
If you are a job seeker, you can create a job for yourself by creating and managing a job blog here in Nigeria.
There is no need to ask if this business is creative. This is because the population of job seekers are increasing everyday.
Government are busy creating jobs in the news but non is available in the labour market.
The few available jobs are then rushed by millions of jobless graduates. Imagine the massacre that happened during Immigration Service recruitment in 2014 which left many people dead in search of jobs.
Forget the scenario above, I was only trying to make an emphasis. What I mean is that there are more job seekers than jobs in Nigeria. This has created a lot of rush in this niche in such as way that…
Desspite the huge competition and the availability of the big players in the likes of jobberman.com, ngcareers.com, hotnigerianjobs.com, joblistnigeria.com, even new bloggers in this niche still have chance to make money from it.
When I discovered this, I think it’s high time that graduates began to stop waiting for white collar jobs.
Okay! Do it this way instead… while you wait for the job do something else that you think it’s lucrative.
Yes… Do something.
In fact, create a job blog. This could help you to find more job openings and at the same time could bring you money.
Yes, managing a job blog can make you to find more better jobs for yourself or friends. You may even become a hiring officer for companies and recruiters. Could you imagine this?
After a while, you could then decide whether to work any job or not. Like me, I will not like to work any job because I think my time is so precious. Again, being a free-range animal, I like free movement and I hate being tied-down to one place.
That’s why you may need need to start a job blog if you are a job seeker.
Are you now ready to create a job blog? If yes, let’s start…
It’s actually simple to get it done with few steps. You may need a little investment to actualize this.
I am going give you a run down of everything you need to create, manage, grow and monetize your job blog to the level you can make money from it.
In 2013, I created a job blog which I later sold to a friend. Now, he’s making from it.
(1) Choose a domain name: It’s important that you choose a domain that has a job in it. Here are examples; TopTierJobs.com, OneShotJobs.com, JobsGate.com, etc.
(2) Buy a Hosting Account: It’s advisable to that you choose a Bluehost for this since you are just starting out.
(3) Premium Job Template: You will need a blog template that is made suitable for jobs. A typical example are Jobify, Jobseek, JobMonster, or JobBoard. All these are templates made specifically for jobs. You can click them to preview how it will look after completion.
That’s all you need
Where to Get New Jobs Opening
Daily, there are jobs opening from different companies. All you need to make a list of all the companies that recruits regularly. These are banks, telecommunication industries, eCommerce Companies etc.
Also, visit the popular job boards such as Hotnigerianjobs.com to get the latest job offer. Copy the jobs and publish on your blog.
Do your homework and optimize your blog with an onpage SEO
It might take time (about a year) before the blog will rank well in Google and other search engines. SO, do well to exercise some patience while you grow the blog until it makes money.
Make sure you update everyday (at least 5 jobs/day).
Create a Social Media Presence for your Job Blog
Many job seekers are in the social media. So, do well to create a Facebook Page, Twitter Handle, Google+ page for the job blog.
From here, you can promote your blog to get faster results.
Create and Grow your Subscriber List
Many job seekers always want to have a job alert with in their email address. So, offer your readers the opportunity to subscribe for job alert by mail.
With the email list, you can grow your readership base by the numbers. These are the people you will be sending new post once you publish. Like me I am using Mailerlite Email Software to grow and send lessons to my course subscribers.
How to Make Money from your Job Blog
There are many ways to make money from your job blog. It’s sure that you have traffic and you can choose any of the strategies to monetize the traffic.
Here are the most popular monetization strategies on job blog;
(1) You can offer CV writing services: This is a very lucrative strategy by offering CV wrting services on your job blog. You can advertise your services under each job post.
(2) You can Compile and Sell Previous Interview Questions: I personally do this on one of my blog and people like it a lot. Source for and compile and provide answered to previous interview questions from top recruiters. Seel it directly to our readers. They will buy it because they need it to sell through the interview.
(3) Compile and Sell Interview Answering Tips: This is another way you could monetize your job blog traffic.
(4) Colloborate with Recruiters and Offer Paid Recruitment Services: This is what Jobberman is doing. You too can do it.
(5) Sell an Ads Space: If you can create a busy job blog, you can sell a space to others to come and advertise on your blog. By so doing, you are making money from your job blog.
(6) Make Money From AdSense: This is the last but very important source of monetization. So, get AdSense account, integgrat on your job blog and make money from it.
The amount you can make depends on the traffic you get which is a a product of hard work and perseverance.
It won’t be easy but it’s something you need to do if you need a job. Simply create a job blog.
Let me know how it goes…Get Free ₦1,000 plus 5% - 15% interests on savings and over 25% return on investments: Create a Free Account on PiggyVest